Odds ratios and correlations

Hi, I am having trouble interpreting some results from SPSS.
My DV is physical function and my IV is Age.
Although there is a negative linear relationship for age and physical function (suggesting as age increases, physical function decreases)
However, the Odds Ratio for Age is 0.983 (suggesting that as Age increases, the odds of having better physical functional decreases)
These are two conflicting results which I am confused about. Have I done something wrong in my statistical tests or is it just how they've turned out? Is it possible to have two conflicting results? Unless I have interpreted one of the results wrong?

Sorry I typed it wrong:

Although there is a negative linear relationship for age and physical function (suggesting as age increases, physical function decreases)
However, the Odds Ratio for Age is 0.983 (suggesting that as Age increases, the odds of having WORSE physical functional decreases)

Therefore, age's OR can be interpreted as, an increase in age has a decrease in odds of having worse physical function, which is contradictive to a negative correlation, indicating as age increases, physical function gets worse

Yes, 4 others
- BMI (body mass index)
- MAT-sf (a self-reported measure of physical function)
- EQ5D (health-related quality of life questionnaire)
- Biobank memory questionnaire

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
How are variables formatted, what is your sample size, and post your output for both analyses!

Thanks. We can only comment on what you provide.