On the right tracks? One-way ANOVA

Hi!

I've been working on a Stats problem for days and think I've gone wrong somewhere. Something in me says this problem is very straightforward, and I am over complicating it. Maybe someone can have a read of what I've done, and let me know if I'm on the right tracks.

(I am using SPSS)

I have 3 variables - (1)parkName [4 parks], (2)goldCoins, (3)silverCoins

The question being asked is: Is the OVERALL number of coins collected the same at the 4 locations?

So, first of all, I've added goldCoins to silverCoins to create a single variable totalCoins.

I now have 2 variables: parkName (1-4 values for factor) and totalCoins

Test of normality assumption is met, so proceeded with one-way ANOVA.

Levene's was not sig, F(3,12) = .904, p = .468 so assumption of equality of variance was met too... ANOVA performed and was significant, F(3,12) = 64.055, p = .000, so then I could say the overall number of coins collected IS the same at the 4 locations?

Something just doesn't feel right about how I've done it, even though it is a pretty simple question. And advice would be so helpful.

Thanks!

My data looks like this for the ANOVA:

Screenshot 2021-01-05 152411.png

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
A p value below your alpha level would indicate the null hypothesis should be rejected and that there is evidence of a difference in the average number of coins collected between locations

Miner

TS Contributor
What Dason said. One question: totalCoins assumes that gold and silver coins have equal value. Is that a good assumption? Is there information on an exchange rate (e.g., 1 gold = 4 silver)?

What Dason said. One question: totalCoins assumes that gold and silver coins have equal value. Is that a good assumption? Is there information on an exchange rate (e.g., 1 gold = 4 silver)?
Thankfully, it was just the count of coins found. The value didn’t matter. Thanks for your reply!