online/clothing store purchases

I have this project for my stats class and I am about clueless, here is the question.

A. cash back when the consumer makes an online purchase; and B. cash back when the consumer makes a purchase at a clothing store.

The presentation must include a recommendation for one option and the data and analysis that support the recommendation. The following should be included in the slides:

Statement of the research question
Data presented as charts and graphs
Conclusions and recommendations
NOTE: You can produce most calculations with Excel or a TI 83 calculator.

JohnM

TS Contributor
Is there more to this than you have posted?

There's not enough info to give you any recommendations...

Options recommended for who? the customers? the company who wants to make a profit?

SORRY. Here is the whole question.

Prepare a PowerPoint presentation for PiggyBank that compares the two incentive options: A. cash back when the consumer makes an online purchase; and B. cash back when the consumer makes a purchase at a clothing store. Use the following documents for statistical information:
US Retail Sales, Total and E-Commerce
(Use Table 5, clothing retail)

http://www.census.gov/mrts/www/data/pdf/04Q2.pdf Retail E-Commerce Sales, Fourth Quarter 2004
The presentation must include a recommendation for one option and the data and analysis that support the recommendation. The following should be included in the slides:

Statement of the research question
Data presented as charts and graphs
Conclusions and recommendations
NOTE: You can produce most calculations with Excel or a TI 83 calculator. You may find these links helpful:

Remember, you're making this presentation to your client, who is not a statistician.

JohnM

TS Contributor
I'm sorry, but there's really not enough info here for us to provide guidance.

The way the question is worded leads me to believe that there are other questions or previous discussions related to this one (i.e., more background on what "PiggyBank" is, more background on the nature of the two incentives, etc.)

Here is the previous question.

PiggyBank wants to estimate the mean dollars that each card holder will spend each month. It would like to be within plus or minus $10 of the true mean with a 98% confidence level. The standard deviation is thought to be $500. How many card holders should be sampled? After you’ve determined how many card holders should be sampled, PiggyBank comes back and says that it will cost $5 per sample and they were only planning on spending $10,000 on the sample. In a memo to the PiggyBank product development team indicate how many card holders should be sampled to meet the original requirements of the sample. Then explain the trade-offs that will occur when you lower the sample to $10,000 to meet their budget.