Performing ANOVA in minitab for very large datapoints.

Ojoj

Normal raw data format for performing ANOVA in minitab is like below, where each readings are tabulated.
1603710222162.png
If the data I have is something like below, is there a way I can still use minitab ANOVA to compare distributions? How to format the raw data?
1603710358560.png

Miner

TS Contributor
You can use the Minitab macro EXPAND.mac. This macro takes summarized (value/frequency) data and expands it into individual values, which you may then analyze using ANOVA.

Download the macro into your Minitab macro library, then invoke it using the command line editor (Edit > Command Line Editor > %expand C1 C2 C3 (where C1 is the column containing the values; C2 is the column containing the frequencies; C3 is the column where you want the expanded data stored).

Ojoj

Hi Miner,
Thanks for your inputs. I have downloaded the EXPAND.mac and saved it under macro location (Options:General tab).
I tried doing for my first distribution, when I run the macro, I got "syntax error on line 46."
Can you help how to correct? I'm using minitab 19.
1603769013809.png

Miner

TS Contributor
Hmm. I ran it with no problems, but am using Minitab 18. I researched Minitab Help, and it appears that the MRESET command is no longer required. Try adding a # in front of the MRESET command in the macro file. You can use Notepad to edit the macro file.

Ojoj

Hi Miner,
I can imagine the length of data that will be stacked on column C3 if my frequencies is hundreds of thousands on a certain value.
I think I still need to format the text column for it right? Or do you other suggestions in mind?

Miner

TS Contributor
Try adding a space (# mreset). The # should make it ignore mreset. If that does not work, delete the entire line. If your data are numeric, you should not have to format the column.