Please help

A psychologist compared the effectiveness of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR) for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Clients with PTSD were recruited and randomised into either the CBT or EMDR group. A group of 5 psychologists were trained in both treatment methods. Individual clients were treated by the same psychologist across the study. The Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale (CAPS) was used to assess severity of PTSD symptoms before and after the course of therapy.
They then analysed the difference in CAP Scale. The predictor variables were psycholo- gist, and treatment method.

(a) What analysis should be used for these data? Explain why. Write the statistical model for this as an equation.
(b) Could one of the predictor variables be thought of as a block variable in this case? Why?

q1a. ANOVA? but then I don't understand what the model would be??? or is linear regression.
we are comparing the differences between the 2 cap scores?
sorry im so confused.... please point me in the right direction.

1b. I would say that either could be blockers.... id prob say therapist to block out any differences in therapy styles???
god am I wrong again?

Sounds like anova to me. What do you think the treatments are? How many treatments are there? The prompt tells us the response variable is difference in cap score.

Last edited: