Post Hoc analysis for non-parametric analysis in Minitab: HELP

Greetings

I wish to be able to use post hoc analysis on my non-parametric analysis on my data. I am currently using Krustal Wallis (as I have 5 sets of data that I wish to compare). As this will only give me a p-value and a z-value which informs me if the data is significantly different or not and the general ball park that the data sets are inn respectively. However, I wish to know which of my datasets are significantly different or not but theres no options to do so in minitab. Have I overlooked something?

PS: Basically what I want something like the ANOVA - Fisher pairwise comparisons.

Please advice.

Marius

Miner

TS Contributor
Minitab's nonparametric tests do not currently provide post hoc tests. Your only apparent options are to see whether you can use a 1-way ANOVA, or subset the data, perform the pairwise tests on the sub-setted data and adjust your p-values manually.

hlsmith

Not a robit
I typically use pairwise Wilcoxon Rank Sum tests after a significant omnibus test such as the Kruskal Wallis. Not a Minitab user, so no help there.

Miner

TS Contributor
I typically use pairwise Wilcoxon Rank Sum tests after a significant omnibus test such as the Kruskal Wallis. Not a Minitab user, so no help there.
If they subset the data, to allow pairwise comparisons, Minitab has a 2-sample option for Mann-Whitney. Unfortunately, their Wilcoxon is a 1-sample test, so unless you have paired data and perform the test on the differences, you are out of luck.

rogojel

TS Contributor
hi,:
maybe you can use the aligned rank transform . I do not know for sure, but I suppose the transorm could be implemented manually in Minitab and the resulting transformed data analysed with normal ANOVA.

regards

Thanks everyone for replies, really appreciate it! Yeah it seems to be quite a big limitation with minitab so I just got a SPSS trial instead and used the built inn post hoc analysis "Pairwise comparisons" in the KW test in the "new" independent sample option whenver the p-value < 0.05. That makes sense right? It provides this pairwise comparison where each combination of the various groups has an assosiated p-value which quickly showes me which group are statistically differnet.

Ah cheers gianmarco, thats pretty much spot on. I googled for ages and didnt find anything! I did turn to SPSS for this but I will definitly keep this in mind for future reference.