Probability for a woman to have superstrenght

Hello everybody,
I have one doubt concerning this calculation:

1584097415502.png
Is it correct, or should I better calculate how many women have superstrenght taking just in consideration the total number of women?
Thank you for your time

staassis

Based on the data above, you can only calculate Prob(female | superhero), not the other way around (Prob(superhero | female)).

Without taking in consideration the data above, if the question is:
"What is the estimated probability of having superstrength for a female superhero?" am I supposed to compare the proportions of female with males or compare the proportions of woman with superstrenght with those who do not possess this ability?

staassis

You are not supposed to compare anything. Just calculate the conditional probability of [person has superstrength] conditional on [person is female].

Thank you for your reply.

So in this case, I am right if I calculate the probability of having superstrength for a female superhero by the following way:
female with superstrenght divided by all (males and females) superheros with superstrenght . And then I try to compute the odds ?

staassis

This output is not sufficient. Your calculation should be based on the cross-tabulation of Gender and SuperStrength. Also, read about conditional probability in any book on elementary probability theory.