proc genmod

I am using proc genmod to do a poisson regression. What I need help with is somehow outputting the parameter estimates into a new dataset so that I can use those values.

For example, I am only using one dependent variable for my model:

Intercept = 6.00
A = .40

Thus, my model is: exp(6 + .40*A).

What I need help doing is outputting the INTERCEPT and A values (6 and .4, respectively) so that I can create use them for other various calculations....can someone help me?

I've seen that using a STORE option will help store the 6 and .40 values but I'm not sure how to actually use them outside of PROC PLM (which I do not want to use). Is there some sort of OUTPUT OUT option I can use in proc genmod to accomplish this?

THANKS!

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
You could easily use ODS to output the parameter estimates into a new dataset.

For help on using ODS output http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63347/HTML/default/viewer.htm#ods_toc.htm (with "Creating an Output Data Set from an ODS Table" probably being the most relevant).

For the table names in proc genmod http://support.sas.com/documentatio.../default/viewer.htm#statug_genmod_sect058.htm (with ParameterEstimates being the table of interest)

Essentially I think all you need to do is add
Code:
ods output ParameterEstimates = parms;
with parms being whatever you want the output dataset to be named.

If you haven't learned about ods output before I would suggest reading more about it since it's very helpful.

ods output parameterestimates= solved it!

I am using proc genmod to do a poisson regression. What I need help with is somehow outputting the parameter estimates into a new dataset so that I can use those values.

For example, I am only using one dependent variable for my model:

Intercept = 6.00
A = .40

Thus, my model is: exp(6 + .40*A).

What I need help doing is outputting the INTERCEPT and A values (6 and .4, respectively) so that I can create use them for other various calculations....can someone help me?

I've seen that using a STORE option will help store the 6 and .40 values but I'm not sure how to actually use them outside of PROC PLM (which I do not want to use). Is there some sort of OUTPUT OUT option I can use in proc genmod to accomplish this?

THANKS!