Qualitative Analysis

Hi everyone! I am working on a study from a survey done in Survey Monkey that has 5 questions that were open answer with approximately 500 respondents who provided comments to those answers. I now have to look at each question and review the qualitative data from those questions and break them down into categories. My question is, does anyone know how to break this down in a somewhat timely manner or calculation in excel? I know there needs to be human input to qualitative analysis but just wondering if there was a method to break this down easier in excel. Any and all input is so much appreciated!! Thank you.

hlsmith

Not a robit
Yeah, reviewing/reading each is what I am used to, and doing it via a committee, to ensure inter-reliability in themes. 500 doesn't seem that many to me. Is it just for 1 question, so 500 total?

Yeah, reviewing/reading each is what I am used to, and doing it via a committee, to ensure inter-reliability in themes. 500 doesn't seem that many to me. Is it just for 1 question, so 500 total?
It’s ~500 (+/-10) per question. I agree that reviewing and reading each comment to ensure and know with confidence what category the comments should go in but I just wanted to see what other input people have regarding break down in excel if there is another option/solution.