R value Anova

jenny

Hi all
can someone tell me when we are assessing the significance vlaue in ANOVA, do we measure it against the adjusted R value provided at the bottom of the output. e.g 0.027, p < 0.101 (0.101 is the adjusted r value). this value changes for each table so am I correct to be using it to read my significance value?
Thanks Jenny

JohnM

TS Contributor
To assess significance, use the p value for the factors (or effects) you're evaluating.

The r^2 is the measure of "goodness of fit" of the model to the data. The adjusted r^2 is an estimate of what the r^2 would be after many, many repreated samples, and is a more realistic measure than the r^2.

jenny

thanks

thanks John, but ...! I hope this isn't a really stupid question but how do I know what the P value is - in some it is < 0.05 others it is 0.001?
Jenny

jenny

P value again!!!

Thanks John!
When I look at my ANOVA table there is a score (Partial Eta Squared). Is this where I get my P value for each effect? e.g 0.28, p < 0.9
I just don't understand where I get the P value??!!!!
Jenny

JohnM

TS Contributor
Could you post the ANOVA table here? For each factor or effect, you should get an F statistic, and each F statistic should have a p-value associated with it.

line graphs

Thanks John - I got my anova sorted! I have assessed my significance values and I am relatively happy! As some of the analysis are significant findings, I now need to explore further and therefore, I believe I need to do a line graph to look further for the level of interaction. e.g there is a significant finding that gender and direct aggression are linked and that age and moral development are linked. I now need to find out what exactly this means, e.g. which gender displayed the most direct aggression and which age group had higher levels of reasoning???
I hope I am not totally confusing everyone!
Thanks
Jenny

line / plot graphs

Thanks John, I'm not mad then!
What I have done is repeated the ANOVAs with plot graphs for each main interaction! Think i'm getting there
Jenny