Remove Turn off top stats option

trinker

ggplot2orBust
I propose the removal of the "Turn off top stats" option from the top stats bar as seen here:

This is close to the view more option and with fat fingers on a smart phone I often hit this on an accident but not so often that I remember how to undo it. My personal opinion is that "Turn off top stats" is not that useful and gets in the way and like robots should be removed from TalkStats.

Don't know if others support this.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I don't agree that it should be removed. Those two options probably shouldn't be right next to each other though.

bugman

Super Moderator
I dont even have that option anymore. Something happened to the world about 4 weeks ago and now when I log in I only see chatbox. Hence my very limited activity lately.

Last edited:

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Like I mentioned to trinker in the chatbox if your 'top stats' box gets removed you can reactivate it using the "Quick Links" tab at the top of TS. Although it sounds like you're missing more than just that? Could you post a screenshot of what your TS looks like?

Last edited by a moderator:

hlsmith

Not a robit
I would recommend renaming the box and presenting a few more visible posts. This 10 digit conformist society is making me stray away from the metric system and reprogram my brain. How about Top 13 Posts, or just Most Recent Posts, since 'top' almost implies most reviewed.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I would recommend renaming the box and presenting a few more visible posts. This 10 digit conformist society is making me stray away from the metric system and reprogram my brain. How about Top 13 Posts, or just Most Recent Posts, since 'top' almost implies most reviewed.
A rename would be fine with me (if it's feasible) but I think 10 is a decent number. If you want just the newest ones you can get those from the "what's new" tab at the top and I wouldn't want the 'top stats' box being a different size depending on how many new posts there are - Right now I can keep the top stats and the chatbox in a single screen.

noetsi

Fortran must die
I have no idea at all what those features do (I did not know they existed until this thread). I am still puzzling over the boxes beneath the titles. I notice Dason has blue lined (his blue box is full and his peach box is empty) which I assume means statistics as we know it will soon come to an end :(

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I have no idea at all what those features do (I did not know they existed until this thread). I am still puzzling over the boxes beneath the titles. I notice Dason has blue lined (his blue box is full and his peach box is empty) which I assume means statistics as we know it will soon come to an end :(
I already told you that those represent "level" and "points until next level". If you hover over them you get a tooltip with some additional info. It's related to what's found here: http://www.talkstats.com/xperience.php

hlsmith

Not a robit
Dason, pretty much checked out after it filled the blue box. It met its programmed task and ever since it has gotten this wayward personality waiting for the death screen in all and redirected 10% efforts toward raptors. I typically try to just keep up with the number of thanks Dason has received, that is my program but I am only human so I may or may not achieve that task, since infinity is a long time to post.

bugman

Super Moderator
Like I mentioned to trinker in the chatbox if your 'top stats' box gets removed you can reactivate it using the "Quick Links" tab at the top of TS. Although it sounds like you're missing more than just that? Could you post a screenshot of what your TS looks like?

I tried that and have just re-tried. Worked this time...

...and I'm back!

Quicklinks options are invisible to me until I hover the cursor over them, Strange.

All fixed now. Good one Dason.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I tried that and have just re-tried. Worked this time...

...and I'm back!

Quicklinks options are invisible to me until I hover the cursor over them, Strange.

All fixed now. Good one Dason.
They're invisible to everybody. There is a thread in forum feedback about it but apparently it's not an easy fix for the time being.