Repeated measures ANCOVA in SPSS help needed with multiple covariates

Hello everyone.

Hope someone can help. I have a repeated measures (4) ancova I need to run with no between subjects factor. I have 5 covariates. Im trying to get the effect of 1 covariate on the repeated measures when accounting for the other 4 covariates. How best to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Karabiner

TS Contributor
Not sure what your exact problem is. If you put all 5 covariates in the analysis, then the result vor covariate_5 is its effect while accounting for the effects of all other covariates.

With kind regards

K.

Not sure what your exact problem is. If you put all 5 covariates in the analysis, then the result vor covariate_5 is its effect while accounting for the effects of all other covariates.

With kind regards

K.
Hi karabiner.

Thanks for the reply. Just so I understand you correctly, I just put the covariates in the repeated measures covariates box as normal (not doing anything under the model tab in SPSS, so keeping it full factorial). Then in the output when you run it as normal the output for each individual covariate is the impact of each individual one when the other covariates are accounted for (controlled for). So no need to edit or change the model in any way in the 'model' box in SPSS. Apologies for this probably simple question. Just want to be clear in my mind.

thanks again for the help