Repeated measures, ZI negative binomial GLM?

Hi all,

So...I'm not entirely sure if this is possible but thought I'd post here to ask. Additionally, I've never used R before (except for screwing around for an hour or two in Swirl) so please bear with me. I'm trying to run a repeated measures, zero-inflated negative binomial GLM. Unfortunately, it's not possible to do in JMP, which is what I typically use. The catch is that some of my factors change for each time interval. Let me try to explain everything which will hopefully clear things up.

This analysis is looking at how the reproductive output (i.e. the number of offspring produced) of a fish species varies with sex ratio. To do this, we put a number of fish out on artificial reefs that we built. On each reef, we know the sex ratio and the average female/male size of what we put out there. The fish were out there for 3 weeks. We went back once a week to examine their reproductive output (we counted the number of eggs they produced). To break it down:
  • DV: Reproductive output
  • IV: Sex ratio
  • IV: Block
  • IV: Sex ratio * Block
  • Covariate: Average female size
  • Covariate: Average male size
So, for this analysis, each reef is it's own replicate that we sampled once a week, for 3 weeks. The problem is that the sex ratio (obviously) varied during the time that they were out there. So, I was wondering if it'd be possible for me to run a repeated measures, ZI negative binomial GLM while also changing the sex ratio, female, and male size for each time that we sampled reproductive output (week 1, week 2, and week 3).

Help!

Edit: I also have SPSS and SigmaPlot if it'd be easier/simpler to run my analyses in either of those programs.

Last edited: