representing data in histograms...

I was given a data set which basically told of the differences in flexibility between middle aged and young men. The flexibility was rated on a scale of 1-10 (ten being the best, one being the worst). I was given values for this flexibility test for both middle aged and young men. (for example, I was given 1000 values of young men scoring a 5 and 1000 values of old men scoring a 5). If I wanted to graph this, could I use a back to back histogram (sort of like http://www.petermcm.dircon.co.uk/software/og_bar_chart/fancy_graph.png) and graph it? The shared Y axis would be the flexibility rating from 1-10 and the x axises would be the frequency of both middle aged and young men.

Data Visualisation

Epic Systems together with Beemode (www.beemode.com) has developed a Data Visualisation software almost ready to be released soon. It does the same functions as Gapminder. You can view it :

- www.gapminder.org

We are looking to promote that software in various sectors. It is a new concept in viewing statistics and trends in an animated way, it is called Trendanalyzer. It could be used in Education, analysis, research, decision making, presentation,etc.

Here is one link for part of what we did with the Egyptian Government :
www.epicsyst.com/visual.swf

Here is another link for a project we did with Princeton University on US unemployment :

www.epicsyst.com/main5.swf

I hope you could evaluate it and give me your comments. So many ideas are there.

Regards

Eng. Hisham Abdel Maguid
Managing Director
Epic Systems
www.epicsyst.com