Reproducing Output from Out dataset

Hi all:

I've taken a quick look and I'm wondering if this is possible within Proc Tabulate (or any other procs for that matter):

I want to run proc tabulate on a dataset, save the output to a dataset, do some intermediate programming steps (privacy, small cell suppression) and feed that back that modified output back into proc tabulate to generate the ods output that you would normally get when running it.

I've seen something like this at a previous company I worked at, however I don't have access to those macros and unfortunately didn't get a look at them while I was there.

Cheers,

hlsmith

Omega Contributor
Got lost there. So create a Tabulated table and insert its values back into the dataset. Sure that seems doable.

Now output results (what kind?) plus inserted tabulated table sums, sure - but you make it sound like you want to do more than this.

I am not well versed in PROC SQL, but if all of the procedures are just descriptive, this seems like a way to output varied results for you.

Got lost there. So create a Tabulated table and insert its values back into the dataset. Sure that seems doable.

Now output results (what kind?) plus inserted tabulated table sums, sure - but you make it sound like you want to do more than this.

I am not well versed in PROC SQL, but if all of the procedures are just descriptive, this seems like a way to output varied results for you.
Hi hlsmith, thanks for your reply. What i'm wanting to do is (a) run a proc tabulated, and send the results to a data set (b) use the dataset values to do some manipulation, etc, (c) feed the dataset values back into proc tabulate to obtain the original style output (ods, not the dataset output)