Research methods - Comparing high and low risk sports

I am currently conducting a piece of research that aims to find if there is a difference between personality traits between participants of high and low risk sports.

I have collected personality questionnaires which have collected information on the respondents personalities (5 factors)

I AM NOW TRYING TO CRUNCH THIS DATA!

I have conducted a Mann Whitney u test on the data for each of the factors independently and this has shown no significant difference between the two groups at the 5% level.

Is there another test that would be appropriate to carry out, for example one that would take into acount all 5 factors.

I am also wondering if anyone knows a good way to display the Mann Whitney U test results.

Regards,
Dan

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
It seems to me that your dependent variable is participation yes/no, how are your trait variables formatted?

Some programs can provide a figure like a bar graph that shows the percentages above and below the median for both groups. So two bars, see below:

View attachment 3282

It seems to me that your dependent variable is participation yes/no, how are your trait variables formatted?

Some programs can provide a figure like a bar graph that shows the percentages above and below the median for both groups. So two bars, see below:

View attachment 3282
Thank you for getting back to me,

I'm not quite sure,

I think it would be easier for you to look at the attached document rather than have me try and explain. New methodology is the important sheet to look at. I will say however that the numbers on the right hand side of the table are averages of the corrasponding questions which are listed on the same table. New methodology is the important sheet to look at