Sophomore at the University of Delaware-Business or Statistics Major?

DV Man

Which field do you think has more money in it and/or is easier to land a job? I think business is applicable to a larger range of topics. What do you guys think?

hlsmith

Omega Contributor
Yeah business is a broader field, but can be a more generic less specialized term. I would say more business jobs, intro level stats may pay more, but with just a bachelor's, stats may have a lower cap salary in the long run since its tasks are more restrained.

So if you just stayed in one field business could pay more later in life. Both are good fields so I would pick based on which you enjoy more.

DV Man

Yeah business is a broader field, but can be a more generic less specialized term. I would say more business jobs, intro level stats may pay more, but with just a bachelor's, stats may have a lower cap salary in the long run since its tasks are more restrained.

So if you just stayed in one field business could pay more later in life. Both are good fields so I would pick based on which you enjoy more.
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of a Marketing major and a Business Analytics minor.