SPSS Data Analysis

Hello everyone!

I created a survey about social media addiction. I'm going to gather data from 20 people or more the questionnaire is shown below this message. I do have a few concerns my variables are comparing males and females self-esteem boost, Narcisstic tendencies, The amount of time spent on social media, and the type of social media networking account each participant has. I know I will have to run more than one test but I'm not sure which test to run.... PLEASE HELP!!!!

1. What is your gender? (Circle one)
Male or Female

2. Age

3.Do you use a social networking site? If so which sites?

4. If you post a picture on social media do you want people to? (Circle all that applies)
Like your photo Post a comment I don’t care what they do Other (please specify)

5. On average how many hours do you use social media a day? Do you update or observe? (E.g. Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram,)
Less than an hour a day 1-4 hours a day 5-7 hours a day More than seven hours a day

6. Do you feel a self-esteem boost when someone “likes” something of yours on your social networking account?

Strongly disagree 1 2 3 4 5 Strongly agree

7. How many friends or followers do you have on a social media sites?

50-100 250-500 500-1000 1000-2500 more than 2500

8. How likely are you to remove a post from a social media website if it did not receive the response you wanted? (E.g. it did not receive likes on Instagram or Facebook?)

Not likely 1 2 3 4 5 More than likely

9. I feel a sense of satisfaction when people respond to my post on social media (a ‘like/comment)

10. I tend to want others to admire me.

11. I tend to want others to pay attention to me.

12. I tend to expect special favors from others.

13. I tend to seek prestige or status.

My hypotheis is Statistically is there a significant relationship between social media and self-esteem? Can social-media be seen as narcissism enabler? Constantly partaking in the social media frenzy checking your social media accounts 24/7 is it possible to become addicted to the media or be considered Narcissists? Are you seeking validation from others or trying to be the center of attention by oversharing and constantly updating status info or posting an excessive amount of pictures.

Null hypothesis-There is a lack of significant evidence to determine the association between self-esteem, updating status (posting selfies) that suspects an individual to show signs of narcissist personality disorder.

Alternative hypothesis- There is strong correlation between self-esteem and social media use.

The variables being tested are self-esteem, narcisstic tendencies, amount of time spent on social media, and the types of social media each person has I guess gender could be included as well.