SPSS Error messsage - Post hoc tests are not performed for GROUPNAME in split file $b

Hi all

I have looked around but yet to find a helpful answer

So I have two variables one containing a variety of species crosses (nominal)and the other variable containing the number of eggs produced (numeric) (see below)

Between-Subjects Factors
Value Label N
Partnered species gouped by Species only (Not Male female)
1 Haxy_Haxy 14
2 C7_C7 4
3 H4P_H4P 4
4 Haxy_x_H4P 121
5 Haxy_x_C7 68

As you see, there are no groups with fewer than 4 replicates. The total number of records is 215 - with a large number of zero's in the numeric field which I have included in the data (as opposed to "system-missing"

However, when running ANOVA I get the following message which appears to suggest that SPSS is looking at each record as in individual group..

"Post hoc tests are not performed for Partnered species gouped by Species only (Not Male female) in split file $bootstrap_split=10 because at least one group has fewer than two cases"

I tried labelling the groups numerically whilst retaining its "nominal" value (in case is made a difference but ..nup).

I am clearly doing something wrong, so my question is "What might I be doing wrong and how can I get around the error?"

ANY advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Adam