Statistical Comparison of Mean Differences-?

I have two groups of test takers (men, women) and test performance scores for members of these two groups on a cognitive test and a memory test. Both groups took both tests.

I have computed the standardized mean difference (d) of how well women performed on the cognitive test as compared to men.

I also computed the standardized mean difference (d) of how well women performed on the memory test as compared to men.

I now want to determine whether the standardized mean difference on the cognitive test is significantly different than the standardized mean difference on the work sample test between groups.

Can anyone help with how to do this comparison?

Thanks!

JohnM

TS Contributor
hmmm....I think in effect you only have 1 data point for that comparison, and would need to repeat this particular study several times in order to tell if it is significant.

I have the same question

If someone points you toward an equation that would allow you to test the difference of those effects calculated in the same sample, please let me know (and I'll do the same). I actually have three samples of data, but I want to test for differences between effects achieved with different measures in the same sample - just like you.