Statistics Help on Determining Normality

Hello, I am currently writing my masters dissertation based on mock jury perceptions and how they change based on a) the length of training a forensic expert has received at their job and b) the country they have gotten their degree from (whether it's local to the place the trial is happening or international). I by no means am great at statistics and haven't really done statistical work since high school. I'm a little confused about whether I should be using parametric or non-parametric tests.

I started by testing for normality, and out of the 16 different test results (I have 8 scenarios and tested each with a Kolmogorov-smirnov and Shapiro-wilk test), 13 yielded a normal distribution of over .05. So I assumed I should then use an ANOVA test to see if there's significance. However, when I double-checked this with a professor in my department, he (who said he also is no stats expert) said I shouldn't assume normality with any of my results, and stick to using a Kruskal-Wallis test over ANOVA. I'm not really sure why, but I'm wondering if someone could let me know what they think? My sample is 96 people if that has any importance. Thank you!

How many anovas are you planning in your analysis? kat
Sorry not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but I'm testing if there's a difference between the 8 scenarios I've made with 3 questions (scale of 1-10 questions that I've had mock jury members answer in a survey). So would that make 3 anovas? Again, I'm really bad at stats, so please correct me if I've just completely answered that question wrong

katxt

Probably normality isn't too much of a problem. There are more important things to look at.
I imagine that your data looks looks like this (or can be made to look like this) -
Column1 SubjectID (96 subjects deep)
Column2 Training (a number in years)
Column3 Degree (Local or International)
Column4 Scenario 1 (score 1 to 10)
Column5 Scenario 2 (score 1 to 10)
etc to Scenario 8
How does that look so far?