Stop membership?

S

suobs

Can anyone tell me how to cancel membership in this forum? I want to resubscribe with a different username but same email address, and it won't let me.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Can anyone tell me how to cancel membership in this forum? I want to resubscribe with a different username but same email address, and it won't let me.
I don't know of a way to do exactly what you want. There are a few options though.

1) Send a PM to quark and ask him if he can change your username. You don't have too many posts right now but if you wanted to retain your post history but just change the user name this would be the first route I would suggest you attempt.
2) If you don't care about post history you could change the email address associated with your current account to a different email address that you control. If you don't have more than one email address it's pretty easy to make a new gmail address. That should free up your current email address so you could create a new account. To change your email go here: http://www.talkstats.com/profile.php?do=editpassword

S

suobs

Yes, the problem was avoiding yet another email address to check. Who is quark and how to contact?

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
quark is the admin. You can either wait for him to show up in this thread or send him a PM. You'll need to give him some time to respond though.

If you made another email address and changed your current account to have that address you really wouldn't need to check that account ever again.

S

suobs

If you made another email address and changed your current account to have that address you really wouldn't need to check that account ever again.
Don't want yet another email address. Want to use my current email address, but I can't set up a new talkstats account using the same email address.

Or are you saying to change my account email, then set up another account with my current email?