Test for differences across tasks according to group

Hello,

Hoping someone can help as I am at a bit of a loss of what inferential statistics to run for my masters work.

I have low anxiety and high anxiety participants (20 of each). They complete two memory tasks. In one memory task they have distractors and in anther memory task there are no distractors. Tasks are exactly the same as each other, just there is distractors in one. Participants complete all memory tasks.

I am predicting that those low in anxiety will have equal recall performance on both of these tasks but those high in anxiety will be worse on the tasks with distractors.

I do not know if I can do an anova as I only two groups. I don't know if t tests are getting at what I want either. I may be overthinking things but any help would be great

Thank you

Would it be appropriate to do a one sample t test on LOW anxiety participants to see if there is a difference between memory task without distractors and memory task with distractors? And then a one sample t test on HIGH anxiety participants to see if there is a difference between memory task without distractors and memory task with distractors?

And after that do a paired subjects t test to see if there is difference between low and high anxiety participants' performance on memory task with distractors. And then a paired subjects t test to see if there is difference between low and high anxiety participants' performance on memory task without distractors. So 4 t tests in total or is there a better test that reduces error?