Time Series Question

Hello,
I am interested in analyzing whether sustainability scores follow the same trends between different tiers of suppliers. For example: Do sustainability score trends follow similar patterns between customers and suppliers. My data looks something like the attached file. Where you have Tier 1 (Customers) Tier 2 (Suppliers) and Tier 3 (Suppliers suppliers). This data is for one particular company (Tier 1) that has two major suppliers and those suppliers have their own suppliers. Each have sustainability scores monthly from 2014-2018 (I.e. time 1-60). Additionally I have income and industry. The company is a separate id for each company. This is only one company. I have several more companies with their supply chain networks.

My question is: What is the best statistical time series to utilize. I looked at random and fixed effects models, but I'm not entirely sure if the assumptions fit. Additionally the data is different because while all the customers (i.e. tier 1) are different, many of them share the same supplier companies (i.e. tier 2).

A second sub question: Is my data in the correct long form for this? Should I add the other companies with differing tier IDS? Or keep them all the same (i.e. tier 1, 2 and 3).

I am new at time series analyses so am just trying to learn at this point. Thanks again for any help you might be able to provide.

Attachments

noetsi

Fortran must die
I don't know any time series method that compares different time series to see if they differ (if that is what you are trying to do). Most time series methods simply predict the future. Other, for example vector autoregressive models use past events to predict future ones.

All of these are very complex and have many limitations in practice.