[TS EDITOR WARS] General thread for recommendations, discussion and tips on editors.

Re: [TS EDITOR WARS] General thread for recommendations, discussion and tips on edito

What do people use as a Tex editor, and I was wondering what people think is the most productive way of doing it.

I was thinking of starting to use emacs for my Tex editing cause it was looking useful plus I am really missing my keybindings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8nDtzg_D5o

Right now I'm using TexMaker.

Cheers,

TE

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Re: [TS EDITOR WARS] General thread for recommendations, discussion and tips on edito

I use texmaker but that's because I stopped using emacs as my primary editor because I was having issues with ess a while ago. Auctex is pretty awesome though and if you want to use emacs it really is a nice way to edit latex. You can get in buffer previews of your equations too which is... a very nice feature. So my opinion is that texmaker is pretty good but if you're comfortable with emacs (which you are) auctex is AWESOME.

vinux

Dark Knight

Emacs auctex is definitely good. I also use Kile (more than 10 years now; probably the only KDE app I use). Kile got block selection (similar to cua mode in emacs) and buffer previews . Kile is very good if you love to experiment with latex/pdflatex/xetex/asymptote/... Also good for tracing the error.

I do my research work using auctex and all other small work like TA/RA in Kile.

vinux

Dark Knight

ess recognises Rnw. If you are working with Rmd files, use polymode.

Is it you are looking for or ?

I know this is an old thread, but I have to +1 for notepad++ from one of the first posts, and it's really cool to run MikTex from notepad++, I found out how here -- I prefer it much more than the TexWorks that comes with MikTex

trinker

ggplot2orBust

@ted00 I use enarly the same setup but tend to use RStudio for R and like WinEdt for Windows for Latex, though if I am doing an Rnw file I usually stick with RStudio.

@ted00 I use enarly the same setup but tend to use RStudio for R and like WinEdt for Windows for Latex, though if I am doing an Rnw file I usually stick with RStudio.
Do you use acrobat when you run Latex with WinEdt? I kind of like that SumantraPDF mentioned in the link in my previous post