Two-way repeated measures--post-hoc analysis?

Hello,
I have run a repeated measures two-way ANOVA using SAS. The repeated measure is time and it shows that it is significant in an interaction with one of my factors. How can I do a post-hoc analysis to determine which group is actually significant? I know the usual for regular ANOVAs, but I am not quite sure how to perform post-hocs with repeated measures.

Any help would be great.
Thanks.

Karabiner

TS Contributor
determine which group is actually significant?
What do you precisely mean by that? In an ordinary ANOVA one could investigate
whethera some group A has mean which is different from the mean of group B and
the mean of group C (or from the pooled mean of groups B and C, if that's what one
is interested in). You have to describe which COMPARISONS you want to make.

Regards

K.

Hi, thank you for your reply. What you described is similar to what I would like to know. I have two factors and the repeated measure, time. In the within subject effects, time is significant as well as the time*1st factor. This factor has four groups: A, B, C, D. I'd like to know which groups are similar and what not. I'd like to know the differences similar to the results of a Tukey. Is this possible for a repeated measures ANOVA? Please let me know if this does not make sense because I've never done a repeated measures so perhaps the way I'm interpreting the output is completely wrong.

Karabiner

TS Contributor
I'd like to know which groups are similar and what not.
Similar in which respect? E.g. : scores pre-post in group A: 10 -- 20. pre-post in group B: 20 -- 30 .
The groups are similar and they are not.

Regards

K.

I think we share a similar problem. The Tukey exists and works well in a repeated-measures ANOVA too. The problem is that virtually no statistical packages would allow you to examine the specific groups of a factor in repeated-measures or 2-way or repeated-measures 2-way ANOVAs. The experts here recommend R as the only option to compute such Tukeys (or other post-hocs needed in your situation) (check here).