Urgent! Please Help!! Thank you!!

Dear All,

Please kindly help me, if i don't get this done by monday, my ass (job) will be on the line!

Anyway, the problem is below:

i have a group of 497 patients (Real World ie. RW)
out of which : 399 Males and 98 Females

from this 497 patients, we started to filter out those with complex diseases and only left with :

201 patients (Simple Case ie. SC)
out of which : 160 Males and 41 Females

The problem is i would need to find out: are these 2 groups of patients significantly different or are they similar? ie. i need to find out the p-value. (p-value of <= 0.05 is considered significant)

I tried using Chi Sq but as these 2 groups are of different sizes, it would not allow me to use this test, so which test i should you for this case??

Really Deeply appreciate if anyone can help me?

Thanks in Advance.

Warmest Regards
David Wong

Hi David,
What are exactly are you trying to compare? Are you trying to compare RW and SC status by gender? If so, this would give you a 2x2 table. Two rows (Males and Females) and two columns (RW and SC). And for example, you should have 41 females with SC. This should allow for a chi-square stat.

Pygm

You can do a chisq test on the (Complex,Simple)X(Male,Female) table. To be precise, this test only tells u whether the sex ratio is significantly different between the two groups approximately.

You can do a chisq test on the (Complex,Simple)X(Male,Female) table. To be precise, this test only tells u whether the sex ratio is significantly different between the two groups approximately.
Thats exactly what i am trying to find out is the sex ratio whether is it significantly different between the 2 groups.