WANTED: Rational Coronavirus Analysis

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Thanks for the reductionist Coronavirus analyses. It is all quite simple:
  1. Viruses are bad and contagious, and should be avoided (along with weirdos).
  2. Vaccines are good and virtuous, and should be encouraged.
I'll be honest I'm literally not sure if you're being honest and believe those statements even if they're more simplified or if you think they're too simple and silly and you believe something else.

in defense of reductionists: We probably would not even know about viruses without molecular biology, the most reductionist of all biologies.
Dr Richard Feynman, the Nobel Prize-winning physicist, thought that Man's greatest discovery was the 'particle nature' of matter.

Molecular biology is nicely reductionist and particular in nature, with a significant progress assist for the scientists from the engineers and craftsmen that invented and built their various microscopes, etc for the discovery process. Let's not ever forget the hardware guys.

Unfortunately, at least with this less-scientific case, virologists have been grasping, reductionistally ... like with the sudden recommended transition from 3ft distancing to 6ft. Whatever ... from a nonlinear standpoint, a 2X increase in the distancing radius translates to 4X more 'safe space' and 8X more 'safe volume'. Progress. Forward!

Last edited:

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I'll just say it. You are terrible at expressing yourself. With almost every post you make I have no idea what you are actually trying to convey.

I'll just say it. You are terrible at expressing yourself. With almost every post you make I have no idea what you are actually trying to convey.
So, my posts are vague in their messaging … says a moderator of an online tech forum that practices censorship, surprisingly. (How nonlinear can you get?)

Not being one myself, I'm curious: Are statisticians uncomfortable with uncertainty? ... how about humor?

Last edited:

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Obviously your posts are entirely clear and people want to engage with them. I'm clearly wrong. Clearly we are censorship heavy here.

Just so it is publically known - we warned this user multiple times about their behavior. I've personally reached out and tried to learn more about them to get a better understanding of why they post what they do with no response. They never once contacted a moderator or even responded to the concerns in any way. We did this multiple times. Then we banned then for a short period as an additional warning. This isn't a government or a public company. This is a private board with moderation. With all of that said we allow basically anything that isn't spam and doesn't break our TOS. Even posts that break the TOS are typically allowed us it's a first time offense. I have personally had users tell me they were going to have sex with my mother. I have had users threaten me with lawsuits. I've seen it all - and those users didn't immediately get banned. They were given another chance. You are one of the few users that did actually get a short ban so consider that.

It honestly wasn't clear if you were a bot for a while because you literally refused to address any issue and/or question we presented to you.

And yes your posts are vague. And no statisticians aren't uncomfortable with uncertainty - it's basically the entire reason we exist.

Last edited:

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
@Nonlinear_Zero-Sum

Personal questions - I am not trying to mess with you with these questions. I am just trying to figure you out. It seems like you get totally stuck on topics (e.g., football odds, then election, then pandemic), I am curious what other topics you have been obsessed with in the past? I am guessing you are too young for 911 (however the Johnny Carson image really threw me off- I am not even old enough to really get that reference), so maybe the earthquake in Haiti or 2008 recession or Boston bombing. Though you also don't write about BLM, which I wonder about as well as religious topics.

Second question, are there other forums you post all of this stuff on? Some of your posts are so long it seems like they would take quite a bit of time to draft out.

Lastly, what is your primary news source/outlet?

Last edited: