What do infinite t values mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noetsi

Fortran must die
Other than something is wrong with your model. I was running a series of variables today with income at close as the dependent variable and a series of predictors some interval, but most categorical. There are thousands of cases (about 400 of which are missing). I got the t values and the f values listed in the SAS output as infinite (the R square was 1). When I logged the dv (which I planned to anyway) and rerun it I got values for the t and f. I have no idea what causes this....

1557439479178.png

1557439535861.png

noetsi

Fortran must die
Why is the standard error zero :)

Seriously I did not notice that until a few moments ago. But I still don't know what is causing it or why logging the DV gets rid of the problem. Many of the variables in the model have tolerances beyond .97 - I have never read this can make the SE zero.

noetsi

Fortran must die
The r square is 1 so I assume I am getting perfect predictions. But I can't figure our how. I have thousands of cases and maybe 30 predictors. None looks problematic I can see.

noetsi

Fortran must die
I found the error. I accidently included weekly earnings as a predictor and weekly earnings end up being the DV. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.