What is the best descriptive stats to present this data

I have a table where the major categories are on the columns and they total to 100% for each column. Then the subcategories are on the rows and each row total to 100%. I am looking for a descriptive stats tool that can do a comparison column-wise and row-wise at the same time? Or am I asking for too much?
Example: For each row, the stats tool shows the distribution and at the same time shows how each row value compares to the column mean.
Thanks

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
You just want descriptive no inferential statistics? Can you desribe these data in more detail: what is the sample size, how many categories, are the row and column catergories the same, you mention means?

Probably looking at some kind of window pane presentation - you can do histograms in window panes. Perhaps correlation matrix. I think we need much more information to better help you.

I don't think you need that much information. It's just a table. The columns are general categories while the rows are specific categories. Each column total goes to 100% and each row total is also 100%.
I want to do a comparison of the values in the table by columns AND rows.
Maths | Science | English
Student1 1 4 5
Student2 2 6 7
Student3 3 8 9

From the table above, I want a descriptive stats tool that can compare for the students AND the subjects at the same time.
Thanks

Last edited: