What test to use in SPSS....PLS HELP :((

Hi,

I'm trying to write my dissertation for my 3rd year undergrad project and I am really stuck with the stats :(

I carried out an observational study using questionnaires looking at public knowledge of dementia.

I specifically want to look at how knowledge of Alzheimer's Disease (AD) and Frontotemporal Dementia (FD) differs and are there any factors that mediate these differences.

When completing the questionnaire participants were only shown knowledge questions for AD or FTD if they had previously answered that they had heard of it. For example, if they had previously answered that they had heard of both AD and FTD they would be shown the knowledge questions for both AD and FTD. However, if they said they had only heard of AD they would only be shown the AD knowledge questions later in the questionnaire. As FTD is less common, there are a lot less responses for the FTD knowledge questions in my dataset.

So I have a total score for each participant for AD questions and another total score for each ppt for the FD questions ranging from 0-6.

I also want to look at whether recall of AD (coded as 0 for no and 1 for yes) predicted higher AD knowledge scores and similarly whether recall of FTD (coded the same as AD recall) predicted higher FTD knowledge scores.

And I want to look at whether personally knowing someone with dementia (coded as 1 for yes, 2 for no and 3 for not sure/no formal diagnosis) predicted higher knowledge scores in total and individually for AD and FTD.

I have been trying to work on this for a while now and I'm really confused about which statistical tests to use :( Pls help me :((