Which statistical analysis to run?

Hi All,

I'm currently working on my psychology project however, struggling with the results section; I'm not quite sure which analysis to run.

My research is on problematic internet use and impulsivity. I have a questionnaire on problematic internet use which has 3 scales of obsession, neglect and control ( an overall score over 40 suggests problematic internet use). My second questionnaire is the barratts impulsiveness scale which is also divided into 3 scales. I also have a Go/NoGo task where I need to analyse reaction time and the number of correct responses. What i'm trying to find out is whether problematic internet use results in high impulsivity.:confused:

Thanks
Hazel

Karabiner

TS Contributor
What i'm trying to find out is whether problematic internet use results in high impulsivity.
Could you be a bit more specific, perhaps? Which relationships between your measured variable do you want to analyze?

With kind regards

K.

Thank you for your response.

I want to measure whether there is a significant relationship between the problematic internet use questionnaire and barratt impulsivness scale. As well as this I want to measure the relationship between the problematic internet use questionnaire and the No/GoNo task reaction time and the number of correct responses.

Many Thanks
H

Karabiner

TS Contributor
I want to measure whether there is a significant relationship between the problematic internet use questionnaire and barratt impulsivness scale.
You could use the 3 Barrat scales as predictors and the problematic internet use score as dependent variable in a multiple linear regression. Mind that you will need enough cases (you did not describe your sample size, or what kind of sample you analyze)

As well as this I want to measure the relationship between the problematic internet use questionnaire and the No/GoNo task reaction time and the number of correct responses.
You could do this analougus to the analysis described above.

It could be important for interpretation to include relevant covariates (somthing like age, gender etc.), which are associated both with impulsiveness and with problemativ internet use.

With Kind regards

K.