Which statistical test for six subjects?

Six subjects took part in one experiment. They were supposed to use one method for doing their task but other methods have also been utilized. Which statistical test should I use to show that all subjects used the same method (or not)? Please if it is possible introduce a tutorial.

hlsmith

Not a robit
I don't understand what you are trying to get at. If they didn't use the method, then they didn't use the method. Why would you need to test to examine that? Given the sample size, can you post your data or an approximate version of it.

Thanks.

Thanks for reply,

So, imagine a task that doing it by using several strategies (or methods) is possible. But all researchers expect that all individuals will use one identical and definite strategy for doing it. In my experiment, subjects utilized other strategies as well as the main expected strategy. So which statistical test should I use?

Can I use the exact test of goodness-of-fit by a table like this:

Strategy………………………….…… expected ……….…..observed

A…………………………………………...……6……………………….. x

Other strategies……………………...….0………………………. y

hlsmith

Not a robit
So it is an all or nothing scenario. So you either adhered or didn't? If so, perhaps a one-sample Fisher's exact test. So you are comparing your data to a constant. But what do you want to do with the result, since they weren't suppose to deviate and you know they did?