which statistical test should I apply on my data

I want to apply statistical test on seasonal variation in diet consumption of jackal data seasons are two only summer and winter. I applied chi square in spss but with the result table it is mention that 20 cells have expected count less than 5, then I reviewed some previous work of people on this they applied student t test as well. but I dont know which t test is applicable here, paired t test or Independent sample t test in spss.