Which statistical tests to use?

LD50

I am currently looking to carry out some statistical analysis on some research for my dissertation. I am evaluating the impact of a training programme on the number of incidents related to the training subject across several health boards. I have data on the number of training passes for each area for the previous two years and also the number of incidents related to the subject for the previous two years (see example below). I am unsure of how to go about comparing the data to test the hypothesis that greater uptake of training reduces number of incidents

example.PNG
I'm unsure of which tests are the most appropriate to carry out on the data or how best to go forward with the analysis. I am also very uninformed when it comes to statistics having done very little in the past, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Is there any particular reason to think that the pattern in 2014/15 is different from 2015/16? Life is much easier if you can just lump both years into one list. kat

LD50

No, in hindsight there is no reason to expect there to be a difference between the two years so grouping them into one column makes more sense.

Perhaps the next thing you can try is to plot incidents vs passes and see if there is any sort of pattern. Post a graph if you can.