Which test to compare two populations

Hi All,
New to this forum as I just need some human input re this question. I have googled and read, gone over all my stats notes form Uni but still have difficulties working out which tests to use. I have had a look through this forum but can't be specific enough in my search terms to yield anything useful. I am Ok in the calcualtions (usually) if i have the right tests.

I am analysing some medical data and basically just need to prove that two populations are not significantly different. So, I need to show that the no of males and females presenting in Time period 1 is the same (and I use that word losely) as time period 2 (two variables), that the spread of presentation criteria is the same ( 5 categories they can present with), and that their triage categories are the same ( 5 categories). Eyeballing them it looks as if there is no difference but I need to prove it.

Is someone able to help me and guide me in the right direction please.

Xenu

I'm not excactly sure what you are trying top do, but since you have categorical data(?) a chisquare test for difference might be appropriate.