Which test to use when n subjects rate the same three people A, B and C on a series of behavioral scales?

Hi all, my design is such that all subjects rate the same 3 people using behavior scales, i.e., "rate person A, person B, and person C on the following scales". I used ANOVA on all scales comparing ratings for A, B and C. (and got it published). Now a student of mine (for her Ba thesis) used the same method and she failed her thesis because she should have used Repeated Measures. But, the people being rated are different, so the repetition is not identical (then RM ANOVA would make perfect sense).

Karabiner

TS Contributor
You got 3 responses from the very same subjects, therefore the measurements are dependent and an ANOVA for independent groups is wrong. Repeated measures-ANOVA is correct.

With Kind regards

Karabiner

Karabiner

TS Contributor
Why should this matter? Three responses, from the same subjects, using the same measurement. It does not matter whether they rate the same person on 3 different occasions, or 3 different persons on one occasion. Three responses from the same subjects.

With kind regards

Karaboner