Search results

  1. S


    I did not understand how to approach this problem that is why i posted it straightforward with working it out , It would be really helpful if someone help me with the initial idea .
  2. S


    A medical test applied to healthy persons indicates “healthy” with 99% probability. If the same test is applied to a diseased person, it indicates “ill” with 99% probability. We assume that 1% of the patients are diseased. What is the probability that a randomly selected patient is diseased if...
  3. S


    Let X and Z be binary random variables with P(X = 1) = p and P(Z = 1) = p. Under which conditions can the distribution of Z + X be (easily) computed, and what are the distribution results? Give mean and variance of X + Z.