ANOVA and dependent t-test

I need some help... Is it possible to run a dependent t-test and an ANOVA on the same data? Here is what I am looking at... I have 2 groups (control and experimental) and there are 3 grade levels of that. Both the control and experimental will take a pre and post test on the content. The experimental group will then receive an alternative teaching method. I am thinking of run a dependent t-test to compare the means of the experimental pre-test with the exp. post-test and the same for the control pre-test and post-test to see if each are statistically significant....Then I want to run a 2 X 3 ANOVA with the independent var of control and experimental and the ind. var of grade level using the post test scores as the dependent variable. Is this possible?

Any advice will be appreciate!

Last edited:

Dragan

Super Moderator
I need some help... Is it possible to run a dependent t-test and an ANOVA on the same data? Here is what I am looking at... I have 2 groups (control and experimental) and there are 3 grade levels of that. Both the control and experimental will take a pre and post test on the content. The experimental group will then receive an alternative teaching method. I am thinking of run a dependent t-test to compare the means of the experimental pre-test with the exp. post-test and the same for the control pre-test and post-test to see if each are statistically significant....Then I want to run a 2 X 3 ANOVA with the independent var of control and experimental and the ind. var of grade level using the post test scores as the dependent variable. Is this possible?

Any advice will be appreciate!

Yes, it's possible, but why not consider a 2 X 3 ANCOVA (analysis of covariance) where the pre-test is your covariate and the post test your dependent variable?