Call Centre Strategy

Hi,

I'm working on a research project for a call centre, it's been a while since I have done any applied statistics so I could really use some help. Here's what I want to do:

I need to understand why customers are calling into the call centre so I can design an appropriate queuing and prioritisation strategy. I plan on asking agents to listen to a sample of calls and categorise those calls. There is currently no data on why customers are calling in, so there is uncertainty around the number of potential call categories.

I need to understand two things:
a) How I should design my sampling strategy.
b) What are suitable approaches for wrapping confidence intervals around the category proportions to make an inference about the population of calls?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Haven't you ever called a call center? Imagine that you are the customer.
May I ask what you need these statistics for? I had never heard of this kind of research before, I will tell you my opinion as a potential client. People call the call center cause they don't want to wait long for an answer to their message with a question, they need to get information urgently. Often, it is much easier to describe a problem in a phone conversation than in a message. More information about the work of call center services you can find here https://www.creative.onl/startupsgeek/call-centre-services/, I have studied in detail the guide, and I'm sure you will draw conclusions from your statistics.

Last edited: