Categorical dependent variable with four levels, and continous independent variables - what test do I use?

I have a categorical dependent variable with four levels (level 1 mild to level 4 severe) and want to test the effect of two independent, continous variables on this. Normally, I would use multiple regression, but I heard that you have to use logistic regression (which I never used) if the DV is categorical. However, my categorical DV has more than two levels and I read you use logistic regression if it has two levels...what do I use then?


TS Contributor
Or maybe ordinal logistic regression, since the dependent variable is seemingly ordinal (from mild to severe).

Mit kind regards

Last edited: