Comparing exp and control groups in a mixed design with a comparatively small N

rsm

My study investigates the type of dialogue and behavior between children working in groups on a class activity, with and without an intervention. It is a small project with an experimental design, three experimental and three control participants (in this case each participant is a group of children). Further, each participant has completed three activities. Through systematic observation, I have measured the frequencies of multiple dependent variables and converted them to percentages (since I coded all group interactions in to mutually exclusive categories).

I would now like to to explore differences between experimental and control participant on these dependent variables. My question is whether there is a way to do this without taking an average of three tasks for each participant? I feel like I will be losing specificity in the data this way. It seems, that for each DV, I have data that would fit a mixed-design ANOVA. Then again, my sample is not too big and there is no non-parametric alternative.
Any suggestions on how to proceed would be very much appreciated! Thank you.