Comparison of beta weights of different regression models possible?

Dear all,

first of all. sorry for my english. I'm not a native speaker.

For my masters degree I am running several bivariate linear regressions (in addition to a multiple regression model) to measure the impact of biases on controlling processes. These models all are significant. But I would like to measure which cognitive bias (several items, each one represents one bias) has the greatest impact on controlling processes. Can I compare the beta weights of different bivariate regression models to find the bias with the biggest impact? My dependent variable always remains the same. Unfortunately, I cannot combine the individual variables in only one model.

I have searched for hours for information but unfortunately found contradictory information.

Thanks in advance!
Alexandra

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
What is the setting? If you simulated these data, you would know the truth and could sleuth out the biases' impact based on a quantification of the amount of bias in multiple settings.

What is the setting? If you simulated these data, you would know the truth and could sleuth out the biases' impact based on a quantification of the amount of bias in multiple settings.
Hey,
I have a sample of 100 subjects. I measured a team's bias intensity reflectively on a seven-point Likert scale by combining five biases (each item representing the impact of a bias) into one variable. I measured the quality of three different processes. Now I would like to measure which bias has the greatest impact on which process.

If i run a multiple regression with this five items three of them are not significant.

Last edited: