Correction for multiple one-sample t-test?

Hi,

In a paper, I'm going to compare five different variables to a normative value, hence a one-sample t-test. Do I need to correct for multiple comparisons by dividing my set alpha value of .05? How should I report the adjusted p-value in my paper?

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
You need to tell us more. What are these five groups and are they all getting compared to the same constant?

Ok, thank you for your answer. I am going to compare the five groups of tests (composite scales from a psychological test) to a standardized mean/constant. One individual have one score in each group, i.e. five in total. The constant is the same for all groups.

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Still not following. The multiple tests coming from comparing the internal section scores to constants or do you have 5 different groups of people completing the instrument and you are comparing each groups' composite score to a constant?

Also, if you find that you need to correct, I wouldn't report a corrected pvalue, I would report the effect estimate with corrected confidence intervals. pvalue is not as informative.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm going to perform five one-sample t-tests and to compare them to a constant (same for all). There are the same individuals in each t-test.