Data Entry

My research topic is "Relationship between Classroom Engagement Practices and Student Achievement in Girls’ Secondary Schools".
I have different questionnaire for teachers and students with different subjects and multiple responses. How may i enter all of them in single spss sheet to check correlation between them. Please help

Karabiner

TS Contributor
It depends on exactly how you want to perform your statistical analysis. Do you have a strategy in mind for this?

And whether a student has only 1 teacher or multiple teachers included in the study.

With kind regards

Karabiner

Dear Karabiner,
Thanks for your response.
two questionnaires-one for students and one for teachers
multiple teachers and multiple students.
Research questions are
1. What classroom engagement practices are currently prevailing in girls secondary schools?
2. How different dimensions (behavioral, emotional, cognitive, and agentic) of classroom engagement practices affect student academic performance?
3. What are the effects of demographic variables like location of school (urban/ rural) and status of school (public/ private) on student academic performance?
4. What is the difference between the relationship of classroom engagement practices (dimension-wise and total) and student academic performance in public and private schools?
5. Which are the best classroom engagement practices to enhance student academic performance?
if you or anyone else can help me. please do immediately as I have to submit my dissertation by August 2022

Karabiner

TS Contributor
Could you please describe your study design - how, and where,
and when were data collected, from which participants? And how
many schools, classrooms, teachers and pupils were included?

How will you perform your statistical analysis? You only asked
how to enter the data, so I supposed you already have an idea
about how to analyse them. Do you consider multilevel modeling
(which is customary in educational research now, at least AFAIK)?

With kind regards

Karabiner

Dear Karabiner,
Hope you are doing good.
Thanks for your prompt response.
Data were collected in Lahore Pakistan.
Number of schools=82
Number of classrooms=218
Number of teachers=218
Number of pupils=4360
two questionnaires-one for students ( 39 statements cross checking teachers' statements + 25 statements regarding students' point of view) and one for teachers (39 statements)
Research questions are
1. What classroom engagement practices are currently prevailing in girls secondary schools?
2. How different dimensions (behavioral, emotional, cognitive, and agentic) of classroom engagement practices affect student academic performance?
3. What are the effects of demographic variables like location of school (urban/ rural) and status of school (public/ private) on student academic performance?
4. What is the difference between the relationship of classroom engagement practices (dimension-wise and total) and student academic performance in public and private schools?
5. Which are the best classroom engagement practices to enhance student academic performance?
Yes I have an idea about performing analysis but if you can share some better idea, that might help me to improve my own idea.
Hope you to be as prompt as you had been so far.
Syed Mazhar Ali Kazmi
Pakistan

Karabiner

TS Contributor
So I suppose that each pupil belongs to just 1 teacher (and not to more than 1 teacher) in this study.

I would enter variables as follows: school Id, classroom Id, teacher Id, 39 variables for the teacher's responses, student Id, 64 variables for the student's responses. That would mean, in a class with e.g. 20 students, identical data from the teacher will appear in 20 rows.
In total, you would have 4360 rows

With kind regards

Karabiner

Dear Mr. Karabiner,
Hope you are doing good.
Thanks for your valuable response.
However would you mind if I request you to be kind and send a rough sketch drawn on SPSS sheet. In fact your cooperation will help me a lot to accomplish my task as it has been from the last two or three days. Your cooperation in this connection has defused my confusion a bit and fulfillment of my present request would drive me on the right path.
Thanking in advance with regards

Syed Mazhar Ali Kazmi
Pakistan

Karabiner

TS Contributor
I'm afraid that I do not want to cross the line between giving comments in a forum and
doing actual work. Moreover, in a sheet you would not see anything different from the
description I gave you.

With kind regards

Karabiner