Definition of replications vs treatments (factorial design question)

I see on wikipedia replication is "the repetition of the set of all the treatment combinations to be compared in an experiment. Each of the repetitions is called a replicate"

but I think of each combination of factor levels as different treatments, how are these different? If there is a 2^2 factorial design looking at low/high of each factor, I see there are four treatments, low/low, low/high, high/low, and high/high. If each is only run once, I originally wanted to say there are 4 treatments, and 1 repetition, but after reading the wikipedia definition saying 'treatment combinations,' I'm starting to think about it differently.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, is a repetition comparing low/low vs low/high = 1 replicate; low/low vs high/low = 1 replicate and so on for a total of 4 replications? If the experiment is run twice at each combination of low/high would it be 8 replicates/replications?

If i'm completely wrong maybe just save yourself time and clarify the difference between treatments and replications. Thank you in advance, any info is a huge help!

The number of replicates is the number of observations in each cell. In a 2x2 design you have 4 cells. If there is just one replicate you have 4 observations in total. For 2 replicates you have 8 observations.