Duel Links Card Pull Probability

Kermit

I was wondering what the chances are of pulling any 1 individual card from a single pack from a box in the Yugioh Duel Links game.
Would someone please help me and assist or just do the required stats needed to find the answer?

Each box has a guaranteed number of guaranteed cards in each box. So if one obtained the total number of cards in each box, in this case 600, which is distributed into packs each giving 3 cards. with a total of 200 packs. There are some rules associated with what cards can be pulled from each pack.

The first card pulled is always of common rarity.
The second card pulled can wither be of common or rare rarity.
The third card can be of Rare, Super Rare, and Ultra Rare rarity.
there cannot be copies of a specific card in each pack.

attached are the variables I was able to think of and some specific values attached to them for this specific question.

I haven't touched stats/probability since freshman year of college (which is approaching a decade ago for me) and I am not super comfy with this sort of math. So any help with the math would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I don't know why you attached a txt file instead of just pasting the relevant info into the post.

You also didn't actually ask a question as far as I can tell.

fed2

So its not actually true that there is no question. The first sentence 'I was wondering what the chances are of pulling any 1 individual card from a single pack from a box in the Yugioh Duel Links game.' is a question. Sorry:
what the chances are of pulling any 1 individual card from a single pack from a box in the Yugioh Duel Links game.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
So its not actually true that there is no question. The first sentence 'I was wondering what the chances are of pulling any 1 individual card from a single pack from a box in the Yugioh Duel Links game.' is a question. Sorry:
In my defense I had a few drinks and there is no question mark. But I still think the question and relevant information needs to be presented better.

fed2

no worries, most statisticians slide into alcoholism over time. Either that or find some way out of actually running any serious stats.

fed2

i didn't mean dason specifically was an alcoholic, necessarily. Im just saying alot of statisticians do become alcoholics. just look at that dr. birx lady, drinking her dinner these days, and ranting about 'alternative data streams' ive heard. Its sad, but we have to be real about the issue. I think its something about trying to constantly control information...

Kermit

In my defense I had a few drinks and there is no question mark. But I still think the question and relevant information needs to be presented better.
You're absolutely right, there was no question mark. I have since added one. for good measure, I shall add another. Would someone please help me?