factor analysis interpretation

Hi,
I am currently working on an aptitude test. The test consists of three parts, one general and two specific (let's call them A and B). The general part consists of four subscales, the specific parts of two each. There are two test versions, always the general part and then one of the two specific parts is given (A or B).
I have now performed a factor analysis with the data. The individual subscales did not matter, but it would be good if items from the general part were loaded on one factor, items from A on the second factor, and items from B on the third factor.
Now, however, it is the case that there are two factors that can be interpreted: One of them consists mainly of items from the general part, so far so good. On the second factor, items from A load strongly positive and items from B load strongly negative. This is a bit confusing, because actually no opposing items were used.
The test is single choice, there is only the possibility right (1) or wrong (0) for each of the items.
Can you help me make sense of these results?

Thanks in advance & best regards

Karabiner

TS Contributor
Maybe you could report some more detail, for example what these "let's call them A and B" parts really mean,
the sample size, number of items, how exactly you did perform your factor analysis (e.g,. extraction method, rotation
method), and why you did not perform a CFA?

With kind regards

Karabiner