Forecasting assignment (Time series data)

Hi - I am new to this forum and hope to learn a thing or two from you experienced lads!

I work at a companacy where we are looking into the possibility of developing some program that can help us predict our products sold to different countries in the future. We have daily data available (time series data) based on different countries.

The data is en Excel. I was hoping if some of you guys could help me come up with some ideas for how to predict our quantity sold 1 year ahead for example?

Should I:
- Define some trend?
- I can remember from my statistics course at college, that forecasting is possible if you transform a non-linear time series into a stationary timeseries? Is that something I should look into?
- Is regression analysis an option?

Basically I don't have the answers - so would really appreciate if someone did!

Thanks!!!

Dragan

Super Moderator
Hi - I am new to this forum and hope to learn a thing or two from you experienced lads!

I work at a companacy where we are looking into the possibility of developing some program that can help us predict our products sold to different countries in the future. We have daily data available (time series data) based on different countries.

The data is en Excel. I was hoping if some of you guys could help me come up with some ideas for how to predict our quantity sold 1 year ahead for example?

Should I:
- Define some trend?
- I can remember from my statistics course at college, that forecasting is possible if you transform a non-linear time series into a stationary timeseries? Is that something I should look into?
- Is regression analysis an option?

Basically I don't have the answers - so would really appreciate if someone did!

Thanks!!!
VBA2010: I see you are new to the forum. You only need to post once and everyone can see your thread.