Forum upgrade issues

Hello All,

We are in the process of upgrading the forum to the latest version of vbulletin. This is a major update and there are numerous changes to be worked out. Some functions, like Latex, post thank you and latest posts do not work right now, and I'll bring them back as soon as possible. When the dust settles, the forum will be ultra secure and have much more functionality.

If you see an error or malfunction please post below. Thank you.

The thanking system is an addon to the forum software. There is usually a lag in development between the addon and the latest version of the forum. As soon as they update the addon I wll install it. Since the thanking data are all stored in the database, we should be back to normal after the installation.

Latex is back! And this newest post on the sidebar is really nice. You get a very good idea of forum activity right on the homepage. :wave:

BGM

TS Contributor
Thanks for the great work! The new version looks nice.

By the way, it seems that the columns "Most Popular Forum" and "Top 10 Posters"
exceeded the right margin in the home page.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I'm seeing the same thing. I think it might be because of a long title in the "Latest Posts" section but there should probably be something that limits the width to make it fit on the screen.

Thanks guys. I changed the title of the last forum to "forum feedback", and that should save some space. If you still see the edge bleeding I will dig out the code and adjust the width of the two columns.

There is a caching problem, when you revisit a page that you have visited, you might not see the newest posts after your last visit. But if you refresh the browser you can see the posts. I am trying to figure out a way to limit cache time.

I disabled Latex briefly to debug, it's on now. We'll probably have different functionalities on and off for a while until all the bugs are sorted out.

If you see a "invalid security token" error when replying to a post, you can refresh the page and use the advanced reply.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I agree with the white lettering issue. I didn't say anything before because I just thought it might be something to do with my system theme. It tends to screw up font colors sometimes.

TheEcologist

Global Moderator
Thanks for the great work! The new version looks nice.

By the way, it seems that the columns "Most Popular Forum" and "Top 10 Posters"
exceeded the right margin in the home page.
This issue depends on your monitor's maximum screen resolution. On my newer laptop it looks fine now, however on an older monitor (1024x768) I have hooked up, the issue is back. I however think it should be fine as it is for the most standard screen resolutions - it should be no problem >85% of the time (see link)- becoming even less of an issue with time.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
It's always sort of been an issue but never a pressing thing but I figure it's as good as any time to bring it up. There's a link to "Calendar" but it's pretty useless because it only goes up to December 2006... I say it should either be updated or just removed. I'm all for updating it and possibly having the ability to add events.